Why isn't my website getting more visitors or helping me sell more of my products or services?
This is a question I get asked almost every day.
Getting visitors to your website is only a good thing if it results in high value enquiries and more sales. A Marketing Strategy can show you what to do.
No Traffic and No Enquiries.
Over the years I have spoken with many people who have spent time, effort and money on their websites, but are not getting sufficient traffic or enquiries to help their business grow and thrive.
Mostly though the common complaint is that when people search for their website, it comes up only when they type the name of the site and not when they browse for the type of services offered.
What To Do? What to Do?
- Do you have a marketing plan?
- Do you know who you want to find your business?
- Do you have a website that is fully maintained and optimised?
- Have you done an audit of your website to make sure everything is running correctly?
- Is your content and offer genuine?
- Who are your nearest competitors and how does your website compare:
- value proposition
- performance - load speed
- position in search results for specific keywords
- amount of advertising expenditure
Think about who you want to visit your website and who you want as customers. Write content as if you are talking to these people face to face. Use words and phrases you hear with existing customers and create a welcoming environment.
Keep your website up to date with current offers, products and seasonal offerings.
Do some targetted advertising.
Targetted advertising will quickly show you what types of terms resonate with your audience and you can learn from this and update your website accordingly.